Yellow Dal Fry
Toor dal is good plant source of proteins and it contains folate which is good for women planning for pregnancy as it helps reduce certain brain and spinal cord birth defects. It also helps maintain blood pressure and prevents iron deficiency.
- In a pan heat the oil and add half of the chopped onion and garlic and sauté till golden.
- Now add turmeric powder, dal, 2-3 cups of water and salt to taste. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 15-20 min
- In another pan heat oil add cumin seeds, then add the remaining onion and garlic and saute till transparent.
- Then add red chilli powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
toor dal/arhar dal- 2.5 tbsp
Onion finely chopped - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp
Garlic finely chopped- 1
Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
Oil- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains