Vegetable Pulav With Quinoa
Vegetable pulav which is made with quinoa is very low in calorie and full of vitamins and minerals. Vegetables are low in calorie and high on fiber which helps in digestion and aids weight loss. Quinoa is full of proteins with all the essential amino acid. It has a low glycemic index and hence good for blood sugar control.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, preferably.
- Then add the cumin seeds and the whole spices and fry for 10 -20 seconds and then add the chopped onions.
- Fry onions until onions are soft and then add the ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 mins and then add vegetables and saute for 4-5 mins until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Pressure cook the quinoa separately. Once cooked, add to the vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes and mix well.
- Garnish with mint or coriander leaves and serve hot with curd
Quinoa - 30gms
Mixed vegetables ( carrot, peas, bell peppers ) - 1 cup
Onions, finely chopped - 1
Bay leaf -1
Cumin seeds (jeera) - ½ tsp
Cloves - 1
Green cardamom pods, crushed - 1
Ginger - ½ tsp
Garlic, minced - ½ tsp
Oil - ½ tsp
Mint leaves / coriander leaves - to garnish
Salt to taste
Energy : 154Kcal
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains