VEG FRIED RICE IN BROWN RICE
This dish has been made by Brown rice which is better than white rice as brown rice retains most of the kernel and hence most of the nutrient value of the kernel is intact. It is a whole grain relatively low in calorie, high in fiber and gluten free. It is a very good source of phosphorous thiamine, niacin, selenium, magnesium, vit B6 and excellent source of manganese. Its high magnesium content is good for heart health, as it is an important mineral for regulating blood pressure and offsetting sodium in the body. Manganese helps digest fat
- Wash the brown rice and soak it in 15-20 min in 2 cups of water
- In a vessel put 1 cup water bring it boil and then put rice in it. Cover the vessel and put water and salt as desired to cook the rice.
- In another vessel put oil and heat it. Then add garlic chopped and then put spring onion and vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 min.
- Now add cooked rice, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper powder to the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot, garnished with some spring onions.
Brown Rice - 40 g
vegetables (bell peppers/onions/carrot/broccoli) – 1-2 cup
Spring onions finely chopped - 1 tbsp.
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Garlic finely chopped – 4-5 cloves
Soy sauce - ½ tsp
pepper powder – ½tsp
Water - 2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - ½ tsp.
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains