THAI RED CURRY
Thai red curry is a traditiional Thai cuisine. It is a very hot and tangy chillie vegetable curry but very nutritious and low in calorie. It is perfect for losing weight with optimum taste. The chemical compositiion namely capsaicin present in chilies helps in digestion and keeping the gut clean. It also prevents the built up of cholesterol and aids its eliminatin through the stools. Capsaicin is also know to increase the testosterone which is responsiblefor increasing the sexual drive.
- Put all the ingredients of Thai red paste in a grinder and make a semi fine or fine paste.
- Wash and chop the vegetables and cook them or steam them until done
- Strain the vegetable stock from the vegetables.
- Now heat the sesame oil in a pan and add the shallots or spring onions and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add thai red curry paste.
- Saute this mixture for a few minutes and then add ½ tbsp curd to this paste.
- Mix the remaining curd with the basil curry paste and then add the vegetable stock and the mixture to the curry and boil it
- Now add the boiled / steamed vegetables and salt and simmer for 10-12 minutes
- Now add thai basil leaves and just simmer for 1 minute.
- Garnish the thai red curry with basil leaves.
- Serve with brown rice
Thai red curry paste:
2 thai chillies or bird's eye chilies
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 to 3 garlic cloves
2-3 Kaffir lime leaves
½ inch galangal
2 lemon grass stalks
½ tsp lemon zest
1 tsp soya sauce
¼ tsp black peppercorns
2 tbsp buttermilk
For red curry:
Chopped and steamed / lightly boiled mix vegetables (keep the stock for the curry)-3 cups
shallots / spring onion-2-3 chopped
vegetable stock or water-2 cups
basil leaves-1 tbsp
salt to taste
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains