Sarson Ka Saag
Sarson ka saag is a north Indian speciality and it is very nutritious cuisine. Mustard greens have high level of antioxidants and it detoxifies the liver and the blood. It is packed with phytonutrients and it lowers the cholesterol. It is high fiber and good source of vitamin C which is an immune-booster. It provides skin and eye health protection.
- wash mustard leaves, bathua and spinach leaves thoroughly and then chop finely.
- Chop finely garlic, ginger and green chilli
- Mix all ingredients and salt and then cook in a open pressure cooker for 6-7 minutes.
- Now close the lid and pressure cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Now cool it and then blend in blender.
- Cook the blended sag in a heavy bottom vessel and sprinkle makki ka atta on it and keep stirring. Cook on low flame for 30-45 min, stirring regularly.
- For baghar, heat desi ghee, put onion and green chillies and saute for a few minutes. Then add red chilli powder and mix with saag.
- Serve saag hot and with makki-ki-roti.
Spinach -50 g
Mustard leaves-150 g
Maize atta-10 g
Red chilli power- 1/4 tbsp
Desi ghee-2 tbsp
White butter-1 tsp
Serving size:1 katori
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains