Ragi pancakes, the most nutritious recipe which can be a part of any meal i.e. breakfast, snacks or if you want you can add jiggery in place of chillies and onions and have it as a dessert. Here the main ingredient is Ragi.
Ragi is the common name for finger millet in southern part of India and known as Nachni in the northern part of India. It is very much easy to digest. Its rich in calcium and protein and also have good amount of iron and other minerals too. It is very much low in unsaturated fats. Ragi is a very good to be included as a part of staple diet as it lot of essential nutrients, amino acids and minerals.
- In a bowl, combine the ragi flour, soya flour, sesame seeds, onions, green chillies, ginger, coriander and salt and mix well with a little water to make a smooth dough. Divide into 3-4 portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with a little oil.
- Wet your fingers and spread an even layer of one portion of the dough to make a round as per the size you want.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with the carrot garlic chutney.
Ragi flour (Nachni / finger millet flour) :- 1/8 cup
Soya flour:- 1/8 tbsp
Sesame seeds (til):- 1/8 tsp
Grated onions:- 1/d medium size
Green chillies:- 2 small
Grated ginger:- 1/8 cup
Chopped coriander (dhania):- negligible amount
Salt:- as per taste
Oil:- ½ tsp
IF you want to have these delicious pancakes as a dessert, then you can replace the onions, ginger and green chillies with jaggery and honey
Jaggery:- 2 tsp
Honey:- 2 tsp (optional)
ENERGY:- 109 Kcal
PROTEIN:- 3 gm
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains