Ragi buttermilk is a very nutritious and refreshing drink that cools down the body in hot summers. A very popular summer drink in southern parts of India. It is made by using ragi powder and buttermilk. It is a perfect drink to sip in warm summer days. Ragi is high in calcium, iron and vitamins and considerably cheaper than other grains.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp ragi flour with boiled and cooled water. Make a smooth solution.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add ragi flour solution and stir continuously on a low heat for 3-5 minutes, until the ragi mixture thickens. Keep aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it cools completely, add salt and buttermilk. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
- Ragi- 1 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup boiled and cooled
- Water- 1 cup
- Buttermilk- ½ cup
- Mint leaves- few for garnishing
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 99 kcals
Carbohydrates: 16.5 gms
Proteins: 5.55 gms
Fats: 1.35 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains