Its not necessary that oats are just bland in taste, this is a perfect recipe to clear this myth. This is a variation for a potato cutlet which has oats as its major ingredient. Oats are considered to be high in soluble fibre known as beta glucan wthich helps to relieve constipation and it also aids in weight loss. It also helps in lowering of cholesterol and helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Boil potato in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles, once pressure released peel and mash or grate potatoes. Grating is good option to get potato without any lumps.
- While potato is getting pressure cook, roast all the oats (1 1/2 cups) until light brown, keep stirring to avoid burning, keep aside 1/2 cup of oats. Peel and grate carrot, finely chop green chili, coriander leaves.
- In a large bowl take mashed potato, oats, carrot, green chili, coriander leaves turmeric powder, red chili powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, salt, chaat masala, garam masala, lemon juice and mix everything well to form smooth dough, oats will works as binding agent perfectly, if you are not able to bind all the ingredients add more 1 to 2 tbsp oats or as required. You can also add bread crumbs.
- Divide the dough into 4 – 5 pieces and shape them into round, oval or any shape you prefer with ½ inch thickness. In a small bowl mix rice flour, water to smooth paste without any lumps and in another plate spread reserved oats.
- Dip cutlets into the rice flour mixture covering all sides quickly and then roll them in oats spread. Do not keep cutlets in the rice flour mixture for long or it will absorb moisture, repeat for rest of cutlets
- Heat a pan or tawa add 1 to 2 tsp oil and place the cutlets, do not over crowd them and cook in slow to medium flame until golden brown, flip cutlets to another side and cook until golden brown again, drain in kitchen tissue and do for remaining batch.
- Serve it with green and tamarind chutney.
- Quick Cooking Oats – 3 tbsp
- Potato – 1 medium size
- Carrot – ½
- Green Chilies – 2 in no.
- Grated Ginger (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – a pinch
- Chaat Masala – a pinch
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Quick Cooking Oats – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Water – As per consistency
ENERGY: 300 Kcal
PROTEIN: 6 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 50 gms
FATS: 11 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains