Oats poha is a heart healthy breakfast recipe, quick and simple enough for a busy morning. Prepared with just basic ingredients, it’s a well-rounded one pot healthy breakfast recipe. The traditional poha with flattened rice, transformed into a power packed bowl with oatmeal and lots of veggies, to help you start your day right. You can add other veggies of your choice also.
- sprinkle oats with water, until they are soft. It should be very quick, do not wash them or it will become soggy. Fluff it with a fork. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once they start crackle add chopped onions & saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, chopped capsicum and carrot and cook till becomes soft.
- Now add oats, and mix well, simmer it for around 5-10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Oats- 30 gms
- Onions- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Carrots- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 6-7 nos
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice- ¼ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 115 kcals
Carbohydrates: 236 gms
Proteins: 7 gms
Fats: 8.38 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains