We all love South Indian dishes, and of them are is Idlis. Idli is originally a nutritious recipe but this innovative version is even more wholesome and filling. Oats idli replaces rice with oats, to help reduce the fat content and keep cholesterol levels in check. Some boiled veggies can also be added to the batter to enhance the fibre content further. These idlis can be prepared any time, since the batter does not require to be fermented. However, this also means that the idlis will not rise when cooked, so don’t get panic when you see a flat outcome. Enjoy these idlis fresh and hot with green chutney and sambhar.
- Combine the oats and urad dal and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Add 1½ cups of water, salt and green chilli paste and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Cover and keep it aside to ferment for 1 hour.
- Grease the idli moulds using oil and put 2 spoonfuls of batter into them.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve immediately with sambar.
Quick cooking rolled oats:- 1 cup
urad Dal:- 1/4 cup
Salt:- as per taste
Ginger garlic chilli paste:- 2 tsp
oil:- 1/2 tsp for greasing
ENERGY:- 130 Kcal
- Snacks, Breakfast, Dessert , Drinks
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains