Makhana also called as fox nuts and lotus seeds are known to have myriad beneficial effects on human health. Snacking on makhana is the healthiest choice to have tasty and healthy meal. Fox nuts are used as snacks for not just because of its health benefits but also are crunchy texture and taste. Makhana is beneficial for overall skin health, blood sugar and diarrhea. Makhana has low glycemic index therefore controls diabetes. Fox nuts help to strengthen spleen and kidneys. Fox nuts are really high in protein content so they are known to be important part of fasting food because a handful can provide you with energy to last the entire day. It also helps to reduces weight and deals with insomnia too. Makhana are known to be a great detoxifying agent.
- Heat ghee(can use olive oil) in a pan or kadai.
- Add makhana and roast for a good 10-12 minutes on a low flame till they become crisp and crunchy. Keep on stirring in between.
- Add salt
- Add roasted and coarsely chopped peanuts in the pan and off the flame.
- Place the makhana and peanuts in a bowl.
- Add boiled sprouts and finely chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Add pomegranate and mix.
- Now sprinkle red chilli powder and drops of lemon juice.
- Your snack is ready to eat.
Enjoy the tasty crunchy makhana as a sour and spicy bhel.
Makhana (foxnuts) – 32 g (1 cup)
Roasted Peanuts – 5g (7 nos)
Moong sprouted – 30g
Pomegranate – 15g
Onion – 10g (1tbsp)
Tomato – 15g
Cow ghee – 1tsp
Red chilli powder – 0.5 tsp
Lemon - 1tsp
Salt to taste – ½ tsp
Serving – 1 (120g)
Energy – 204kcal
Protein – 6.1 g
Carbs – 32.7g
Fats - 6.1
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains