Keto spinach soup
This recipe is great for a keto/ paleo diet because it’s low in carbs and very high in micronutrients. Spinach is one of the best leafy greens that can be consumed both fresh and cooked in various forms. When it comes to keto then spinach is one of the best veggie to pick as it is low in carbs and it has the highest amount of micronutrients amongst greens. It’s high in antioxidants, vitamin A, B, C, E, K, magnesium, potassium and is one of the best non- dairy source of calcium.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion till translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook till it starts to brown.
- Add the spinach, stock cube and water.
- Cover and cook till the spinach cooks.
- Blend in a blender.
- Run through a fine sieve and add water depending on the consistency you like.
- Bring it to boil, turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Serve with fresh pepper and toasted nuts on top.
- Spinach- 75 gms
- Onion- 25 gms
- Garlic 1 tsp (chopped)
- Heavy cream- 50 ml
- Vegetable stock cube- 1
- Water- as required
- Butter- 1 tbsp
Energy: 546 kcals
Carbohydrates: 8.32 gms
Proteins: 4.79 gms
Fats: 56.69 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains