Keto chicken soup
Soup is a natural and healthy option that can be prepared in various ways; with vegetables, chicken, meat or even legumes or rice. Soup contains a high amount of water that nourishes our body cells and keeps skin fresh. The ingredients added in this keto chicken soup contains immune boosting antioxidants and nutrients, such as onions, carrots, celery and chicken
For those on keto, chicken noodle soup isn't exactly an option because of those pesky, carb-loaded noodles. Instead, this version gets a hearty boost with cauliflower rice, and we're big fans. Don't skimp on the ginger it adds an irresistible kick to the broth. Serve with a squeeze of lemon or lime if you're feeling zesty.
- In a large pot on medium flame, heat oil add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook it until begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, grind the cauliflower in the grinder until broken down into rice sized granules. Add this to pot with onion mixture and cook over medium heat until begins to brown about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, carrots, celery, and chicken broth and bring it to simmer.
- Add chicken breasts and let it cook gently about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, let it cook until cook enough to handle, and shred. Meanwhile continue simmering vegetables are tender 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove ginger from pot, and add shredded chicken back to soup. Season with salt and black pepper as per taste, then garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
- Have this soup with cauliflower rice.
- Chicken: 50 gms (boneless chicken breast)
- Carrot: 25 gms (chopped)
- Cauliflower florets: 25 gms
- Celery stalk: 25 gms
- Onion: 25 gms (chopped)
- Chicken broth: 200 ml
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Ginger: ½ inch
- Red pepper flakes: ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder: ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves: for garnish
- Salt: as per taste
Energy: 153.25 Kcals
Carbohydrates: 12.77 gms
Proteins: 18.1 gms
Fats: 136.82 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains