Instant ragi dhokla
Instant ragi dhokla is a very simple breakfast or evening snack to make. Ragi is a rich source of calcium, fiber and iron. When it is consumed, It is considered to be a great food for weight loss, diabetes and cooling the body. This recipe is packed with nutrition. Ragi is a gluten free and highly suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
- Mix ragi flour, rava, curd and salt, in a large mixing bowl. Add a little of water to make a thick instant dhokla batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now add baking powder in the batter, mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased dhokla plates.
- Preheat steamer with water and place the dhokla batter for about 10 minutes.
- Once steamed, remove from the steamer and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, and curry leaves, allow it to crackle.
- Turn off heat and pour the seasoning over the dhokla, and cut them into squares.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, serve with green chutney.
- Ragi flour- ½ cup
- Rava- ½ cup
- Curd- ¾ cup
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Sesame seeds- ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 505 kcals
Carbohydrates: 85.44 gms
Proteins: 19.65 gms
Fats: 8.9 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains