Greek Style Barley Salad
This barley salad is low in calorie and hence helps weight loss . Barley in the salad provides fullness for a long time and provides various health benefits.It is good for the heart and bones and it maintains the blood pressure. Olives in the salad is also good for heart and it prevents colon, skin and breast cancer. It boost the iron intake in your body.
- Put barley with 1 cup water and a pinch salt in a vessel.
- Boil it and then reduce the flame and cook until the barley is tender.
- Then drain it and let it cool.
- Now put the tomatoes, olives,shallot, mint, feta, and bell pepper and the cooled barley in a bowl.
- Season the salad with olive oil , salt and pepper and toss.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Barley (raw)- 2 tbsp
Red cherry tomatoes, halved - ½ cup
Red bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed and diced - ½ small
Chopped fresh mint - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Olives - 1/4th cup
Extra-virgin olive oil - ½ tsp
Kosher salt - as per taste
1 Plastic Wrap
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains