Salads are cool crunchy and fun to eat. They are low in calorie and provide satiety value.Salads are high in fibre and hence helps to lower cholesterol and prevents constipation. Salads are full of antioxidants and protects body from the free radicals. They lower the risk of many diseases specially cancer. Olive oil used in salad is monosaturated fat and it is a good fat. Greek Salad also contains Feta cheese, which as compared to other cheese is low in calorie and fats. It has high amount of vitamin B, calcium and phosphorous and is good for the bones. It contains beneficial bacteria and fatty acids. But it is relatively high on sodium and so people suffering from hypertension should avoid feta cheese or limit the consumption of feta cheese.
- In a bowl, put onion, cucumbers, parsley, tomatoes and olives.
- In a another bowl, mix lemon juice, oregano and olive oil,
- Break feta cheese into about 1/2-inch chunks and add to the salad bowl.
- Now add salt, pepper and dressing to the salad and mix gently.
Tomatoes cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes-2
Drained pitted black olives, halved if large-10
Cucumber cut into 1/2-inch cubes-1 small
Coarsely chopped parsley-1/2 cup
Red onion, chopped, then rinsed and drained-1 medium
Dried oregano- 1 tsp
Lemon juice-1 tbsp
Feta cheese-10 g
Extra-virgin olive oil-1 tbsp
Salt and fresh-ground pepper
Serving size:1 bowl
Energy :380 Kcal
- Snacks, Breakfast, Dessert , Drinks
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains