Flax seed raita
Flax seeds are one of the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids, which is essential to build immunity & cardiovascular diseases. It’s combine with curd which provides calcium to the body. Bottle gourd is good for digestive system and it also add volume to the dish. The mint leaves used, adds flavor to the raita. This recipe is not just delicious but extremely healthy, and goes best with pulao, biryani or khichdi.
- Add water in a pan, then add grated bottle gourd, cover and cook on medium flame till water evaporates, Let it cool.
- Take a big bowl and beat yogurt in it till it is smooth. Add the flax seed and cumin seed powder, salt and mint leaves, mix well.
- Now add cooked bottle gourd and gently stir the mixture.
- Serve chilled.
Bottle gourd- 75 gms (grated)
Curd- 150 ml (low fat)
Mint leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Cumin seed- ½ tsp (roasted, coarsely ground)
Flax seed- 1 tsp (roasted, coarsely ground)
Rock salt- as per taste
Water- 1 cup
Energy: 135 kcals
Carbohydrates: 15.56 gms
Proteins: 10.61 gms
Fats: 4.07 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains