Lauki/dhudhi Raita is a healthy recipe made from grated dudhi. Bottle gourd also known as dhoodi or lauki is very healthy when eaten raw and has a lot of nutritional properties that is good for the immune system. Dudhi raita is one accompaniment that you should make during summers/winters to keep healthy. Dudhi has a good water content and so helps in reducing excessive body heat and also it is easily digestible.
- In a bowl take curd and stir well until gets thin.
- Add the grated dudhi and cucumber mix well with curd.
- Add the chopped green chillies, cumin seed powder and salt.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it chilled with pulav, biryani or masala khichdi.
- Curd – 1 cup (low fat)
- Dudhi – 50 gms (peeled & grated)
- Cumcumber – 50 gms (peeled & grated)
- Green chili – 1 small finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 119 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 9.8 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 14.5 gms
FATS: 2.5 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains