Coconut and spinach soup
This fresh-tasting coconut spinach soup is wonderfully nutritious and delicious. This soup recipe is completely plant-based and vegan friendly. It is also easy to make and can be ready in sometimes. You can also add your choice of fresh herbs. It is perfect for a light lunch or a great start to a healthy dinner.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
- Heat a pan with thick bottom over low heat and put olive oil in it.
- Add ginger, garlic and fry till it becomes pink in colour.
- Add all the vegetables and increase the heat.
- Add black pepper powder and salt.
- Cook till water is released from the vegetables.
- Now reduce the heat and add the desiccated coconut, Mix well.
- Now add the coconut milk and cook the soup on low heat.
- Take off the heat and let the soup cool down.
- Transfer it to a jar of blender and blend to reach a smooth consistency.
- Transfer back to the pan and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with beaten whipping cream and serve.
- Spinach- 100 gms (chopped)
- Turnip- 50 gms (chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (chopped)
- Garlic- 1 tsp (chopped)
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Coconut Milk- 50 ml, diluted in 2 cups of water
- Coconut- 2 tsp (desiccated)
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Whipping cream, heavy- 2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 383 kcals
Carbohydrates: 12.72 gms
Proteins: 4.75 gms
Fats: 35.6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains