CHICKPEAS CAULIFLOWER SALAD
Chickpeas cauliflower salad is a typical Greek cuisine which provides great nutritional benefits as well as satiety and fullness even when you want to lose weight as it is low in calorie. Cauliflower is rich source of vitamin K and fat soluble vitamins and it is also a very good antioxidant and helps fight aging. It helps in detoxification. Chickpeas is rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber and it helps in digestion aids weight loss and helps reduce the risk of many diseases. It is a very high source of protein.
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistle until chickpeas is tender.
- Allow it to cool and transfer it to a bowl.
- In a another bowl, mix the curry powder, turmeric, mustard, coriander, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Set the spice mix aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add the olive oil, the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes over high heat. Add the spice mix. Now transfer this in chickpeas bowl.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets for 2 minutes in boiling water and then pat dry.
- Add the cauliflower to the same nonstick pan that cooked the onion. Cook until the cauliflower is tender. Transfer the cauliflower to the bowl with the onion and chickpeas.
- To the bowl, Mix the mango, lime juice , cilantro and spinach. Toss the salad.
Chickpeas, soaked- 30 g
Cauliflowers, small florets - ½
Onion, small (thinly sliced)- 1
Curry powder- ½ tsp
Baby spinach- ½ cup
Mustard- ½ tsp
Turmeric- ½ tsp
Cumin- ½ tsp
Coriander- ½ tsp
Cilantro, chopped- 1 tbsp
Lime juice- 1 tsp
Olive oil -- ½ tsp
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains