Chicken Laksa is a Thai cuisine where chicken and noodles are cooked in a rich blend of Thai spices. This dish is not only tasty but very nutritious and perfect for weight loss. You can use quinoa noodle or whole wheat noodles which has very high content of fiber and helps in digestion and lowers blood sugar. Chicken is lean meat and is loaded with proteins making this dish low carb and diet friendly.
- Put into mixer roughly chopped ginger,garlic, , fresh red chilies and shallots. Also add lemon grass and little water and grind it to a smooth paste
- In a wok, heat the oil and add chicken and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the ground paste, curry powder ,salt and red chilly powder to the chicken in the wok and mix well. Add chicken stock and cook until the chicken is tender .
- In a serving bowl put boiled noodles and heat in a microwave oven.
- Now pour the chicken gravy over the noodles. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon on it and top it with bean sprouts and cucumber slices.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and a halved lemon and serve hot.
Noodles, boiled - 20g
Boneless chicken, cut into thin strips - 55g
Onions - 15g
Lemon grass stalk, chopped - 5g
Curry powder - 1/4th tsp
Cucumber with skin - 30g
Garlic - 5g
Ginger - 5g
Chicken stock or Plain water - 100ml
Fresh red chillies - 5g
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Red chilly powder- ½ tsp
Bean sprouts - 15g
Fresh mint leaves - 5g
Lemon, halved - 2
- Snacks, Breakfast, Dessert , Drinks
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains