Carrot spinach soup
A sumptuous soup that reflects the freshness of its ingredients, the carrot and spinach soup presents the complementary flavors of carrots and spinach, perked up further with ingredients like salt and pepper.
The method of adding some of the ingredients like onion and spinach in sautéed form instead of blending everything give the carrot and spinach soup a nice mouth feel too.
- Combine the carrots, onion, ginger garlic paste and 100 ml of water in a pressure cooker and cook for about 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape and keep it aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- In a deep wok, heat the oil and add finely chopped onions and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spinach on medium low flame mix well and stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot onion paste and remaining water on medium flame for about 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Lastly add the salt and pepper mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve it immediately.
- Carrot – 50 gms (roughly chopped)
- Spinach – 50 gms (roughly chopped)
- Onion – 25 gms (roughly chopped)
- Onion – 10 gms (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Salt – as per taste
Energy: 100 Kcals.
Carbohydrates: 6.05 gms
Proteins: 2.57 gms
Fats: 5.6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains