Barley Vegetable Soup
Barley vegetable soup is a low calorie dish and helps aids weight loss. Barley in the dish provides high percentage of manganese and selenium. Barley maintains blood pressure and it is heart healthy.Vegetables in the dish further increases its nutrition value and it increases the fiber content of the dish and hence helps digestion.
- Soak barley ,lentils and split peas overnight - then wash and rinse it.
- Now boil pulses for 30 minutes. Add mixed herbs.
- Grate half of the vegetables and finely chop the other half.
- First add the chopped vegetables and cook for 30 minutes. And then add the grated vegetables and cook for 15-30 minutes.
- Add a salt and pepper as per taste.
- Serve hot or next day after the flavours has infused.
Split peas 10g
Celery stalks- 4
Mixed herbs - 1 tsp
Water as required
Salt , pepper to taste
- Food Groups
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains