Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi
This simple dish is not only healthy and nutritious but, it is also a great option for the people who are trying to lose weight as it contains Bajra as its main ingredient which contains a very low amount of calories. Bajra is a power packed grain and can also be called a superfood. Bajra is an excellent source of fibre which not only helps in weight loss but also prevents weight gain. Then it helps in lowering cholesterol and managing diabetes. Whole grains are rich in phytonutrients which act as antioxidants in our body. Other trace element that are found in Bajra is zinc which is again very important for the human body.
- Wash the Bajra sand soak it in water for about half an hour.
- Wash the moong dal thoroughly and soak it in water for half an hour.
- Next, take a pressure cooker and add 1 tsp of oil to it.
- After that, add 1 tsp of jeera.
- Add the chopped onions and stir it well on low flame.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add carrots.
- Next, add the chopped beans and peas.
- Stir everything well.
- After it is slightly cooked, add the moong dal, along with the water in which it was soaked.
- Next, add bajra to the cooker along with the water in which the bajra was soaked.
- Add some more water and allow it to boil.
- Add 1 tsp of salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add some more water to bring it to the right consistency.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook this for 3-4 whistles.
- Let it be for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Khichdi hot with curd raita
Bajra – 30 gms
Green Split Moong Dal – 20 gms
Carrot (shredded) – ¼ cup
Beans - ½ cup Peas (pealed) – ¼ cup
Onion – 1 medium size
Turmeric – A pinch
Salt – As per taste
Jeera – ½ tsp
Chilli Powder – ¼ tap
Oil - 1 tsp
ENERGY – 245 Kcal
PROTEIN – 8gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 35gms
FATS – 7gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains