A gluten free tikki made with amaranth seeds and stir fried vegetables that are sure to please your taste buds. Amaranth is one the most protein – rich food, with the additional benefits of iron, calcium, protein, manganese, fiber and other phytonutrients.
Cooking the amaranth seeds
- Boil 1 cups of water and add the amaranth stirring well.
- After a quick boil, cover the bowl, lower the heat and let it simmer for 20 min.
- When amaranth is cooked, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Keep aside.
For the masala
- In a small pan, add 1 tsp oil, saute garlic and onion until glossy.
- Then add the red pepper and zucchini stir-fry for 2-3min.
- Then add the lemon zest, garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chili and stir fry. Add the amchoor and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add this mixture to the boiled amaranth. Let it cool until easily handled.
- Then make patties. Coat them in amaranth flour.
- Shallow fry them, using 2 tsp of oil till golden.
Amaranth (chaulai) seeds – 30g
Water – 1cups
Oil – 3 tsp
Garlic – 3cloves finely minced,
Onion – ½ medium, finely chopped
Red bell pepper - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Chili powder -1 Tsp
amchoor powder - ½ tsp
garam masala - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
Ground black pepper – 1 tsp
Amaranth flour – 10 g
Energy – 322kcal
Protein – 8.4 g
Carbs – 39.3 g
Fats – 15.9 g
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains