Health Tip Details
WINTER WEIGHT-LOSS YUMMY SNACK!!
WINTER WEIGHT-LOSS YUMMY SNACK!!
We crave a lot for food during winter, isn’t it? But have you ever wondered why?
Hunger is actually our body’s defense mechanism to keep us warm. During winter we can’t help but indulge in our favorite snacking foods. Having pakoras, samosas etc and enjoying the cold air and heavy sheath of fog that surrounds us makes us happy. However, indulging in deep fried or unhealthy snacks can have quite a few implications. Also, WEIGHT GAIN!!
Hence, we have come up with a delicious and healthy snack which will not only help you with your craving but will also reduce your weight! Interesting, right?
Almost every Indian must have heard about “Makhana”which is also called as Foxnuts and Lotus seeds. Now Makhana is light in weight and low in calories. It is delicious and can also help with weight reduction.
Makhana has both health as well as skin benefits. Traditionally, these seeds were used extensively in Chinese medicine. It also holds an incredible place in ayurvedic medicine for treating severe fatigue, manage diabetes and to improve sperm count.
- Leads to weight loss-Makhana are loaded with protein and fiber thus provides satiety and relieves the hunger pangs. They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium, making them an ideal snack which may lead to weight loss.
- Controls diabetes-.Makhana being low on the glycemic index and high in fibre prevents sudden blood-sugar spike and maintains blood sugar levels. The blend of essential nutrients in makhana including protein, magnesium, fiber and complex carbohydrates slow down the gastric emptying time and keep you satiated.
- Slows down ageing process - Goodness of natural flavonoid kaempferol in lotus seeds assist in delaying premature ageing. Eventually resulting in younger and glowing skin. The antioxidants packed seeds are potent to fight free radical damage of cells and repairs the worn-out cells. Wrinkles, grey hair, hair loss and fine line are all signs of ageing that could be remarkably controlled by the addition of makhana in yourdiet.
- Fights infertility–Foxnuts increases the stickiness of semen that improves semen quality and quantity. It also strengthens the lining of uterus.
- Controls blood pressure – Foxnuts contains good amounts of sodium and magnesium which improves the overall function of the heart.
- Great detoxifying agent - Fox nuts are great detoxifying agents. They helps in flushing out toxins from the body. They are really beneficial to the spleen which is like a graveyard for cells in the body. It recycles the RBCs (red blood cells).
Apart from these health benefits makhana is gluten free so people with wheat allergen may gorge on it. It helps to control the diarrheal problems and also relieves constipation. The Lotus seeds can be consumed raw, roasted or soaked in water and can be incorporated in a variety of dishes - soups, salads, snacks, curries and kheer.
The very basic and easiest recipe is simply roasted makhana which has 2 steps:
First: Roast the makhanas in olive oil or ghee
Second: Add your favorite spices and salt and it is ready to eat.
To make makhanas more interesting and tasty, we have come up with a really delicious snack whose recipe is:
Keep reading our blogs to get more interesting recipes and information about healthy food. For diet consultations you can contact us on 8291679633/ 9004147737
Most Popular Tips
Does eating banana cause cough?
31 Oct 2019
THE WONDER FOOD: CHIA SEEDS
19 Jun 2018
Watermelon seeds - A Nutrient Powerhouse
08 Apr 2019
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
WHY DATES ARE GOOD FOR YO..
WHY ARE DATES GOOD FOR YOU ? Date is a delicious fruit with a sweet taste and a fleshy mouthfeel. They have natural sugars and fiber, with high concentrations of potassium and v..
Fruits or Fruit Juices.. ..
It’s pretty easy to gulp a glass of fruit juice, isn’t it? But have you ever thought about how many pieces of fruit it takes to make the average fruit juice? Juice is pretty easy to drink ..