Health Tip Details
Oil pulling - A morning detox
When said separately, the words “oil” and “pulling” do not create visions of self-care and health. In fact, they each sound painful or bad for you. But when they link up, you get an ancient Ayurvedic detoxing technique that is slowly but surely making its way into the cleansing techniques.
Let’s have a look on what actually oil pulling means?
Oil Pulling basically is the process of swishing or holding the oil in your mouth without swallowing it or taking it in. It can be any oils of your choice i.e. sesame oil, coconut oil or almond oil but coconut oil is the most preferred one, because of its high lauric acid content. Its estimated that approximately 50% of fat in coconut oil is made up of lauric acid which is an antimicrobial acid that can cleanse, reduce inflammation and kill micro-organisms.
Oil pulling is a process of cleaning your mouth and making it free of many problems. Not only oral or dental, this technique would help you resolve some physical health issues as well.
Method of Oil Pulling:
Oil pulling is a simple procedure. Here are the steps you need to follow:
First, take a tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes. When it is time to stop, the oil will be foamy and milky (initially it will be very difficult to swish the oil in your mouth for 15-20 mins. Therefore, it is advised to start with 3 mins and then gradually increase it to 5 mins and then eventually to 10-15-20 mins).
Spit out the oil completely. Remember not to swallow even a small amount.
Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm salt water and then brush your teeth.
Oil pulling should always be done first thing in the morning, before you brush your teeth or eat or drink anything.
What are the benefits of oil pulling?
There are numerous benefits of oil pulling:
- Good for detoxifying: - Oil Pulling helps to eradicate the toxins right where they originate from and thus work on building a good immune system inside our body beginning from the mouth, which is the major source of contamination.
- Boosts energy: - As the toxins are removed right at the source, the work load of other organs get reduced. Hence, the energy levels are improved and one does not feel lethargic during the day.
- Reduces the risk of bronchitis and other diseases: - Oil Pulling also helps to fight problems related to breathing like asthma, bronchitis, ulcers, blood diseases, kidney problems and even arthritis. Isn’t it a miracle
- Helps reduce migraine and headaches: - Migraine is caused due to excessive stress on your muscles leading to pain which is basically due to presence of toxins. Once we are clearing off our body of these toxins, we are free of headaches and migraines which cause a lot of problem.
- Helps in weight loss: - What if you are told that you could lose some of that excess weight by doing oil pulling? Sounds unbelievable right? However, it’s true. It helps in detoxifying the liver by killing the bad bacteria at the source hence improving your digestive health and boosting your metabolism. It also helps in the release of digestive enzymes which further on helps in reducing your weight.
- Helps in oral care: - The most obvious cure is oral health. It helps in eliminating yellowing of teeth, bad breath and other oral problems like decay of teeth, gum bleeding etc.
So, a lot of people ask why we introduce oil pulling in our diet programs. I hope all your questions are answered.
To know more about our programs, please visit
Most Popular Tips
Does eating banana cause cough?
31 Oct 2019
THE WONDER FOOD: CHIA SEEDS
19 Jun 2018
EAT RIGHT, STAY FIT AND LOSE WEIGHT DURING RA..
06 May 2019
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
Magic syrup -- White Acac..
There are lots of varieties of honey available in Indian supermarket. Almost more than 300 varieties of honey are available all over the world, each with its own taste, aroma and health bene..
Can diet and home remedie..
Often people with piles are in great stress about their lifestyle, physical activities etc. They are always looking for remedies or medication that may reduce their pain. Many of them ask me, can I..