Health Tip Details
INDIA: DIABETES CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Diabetes has become a major health concern amongst Indians. 3 out of 5 patients that I meet are having this metabolic disorder. However, do you know that diabetes can be entirely managed with diet alone?
You don’t need medications to control your blood sugars if you start eating healthy and in a controlled fashion. It is my personal guarantee that I can put you off the medication if you follow the diet plans which I give.
To purchase them please visit https://www.belezzafitness.com/best-weight-loss-diet-program/therapeutic-diet
However, even if you are not purchasing our diet program right away please read the following diet tips for managing your blood sugar levels.
To follow a healthy diet, you must first understand how different foods affect your blood sugar. Carbohydrates, which are found in grains, bread, pasta, milk, sweets, fruits and vegetables, are broken down into glucose in the blood faster than other types of food, which raises blood sugar levels. Protein and fats do not directly impact blood sugar, but both should be consumed in moderation.
Best and Worst Food Choices for Diabetes
- Best options: Lean proteins low in saturated fat, like fish or chicken. For a vegetarian protein source, experiment with the wide variety of beans. Nuts, which are protein and healthy fats powerhouses, are also a great choice — just watch portion sizes as they're very high in calories.
- Worst options: Processed meats have high amounts of fat along with lots of sodium, which can increase the risk of high BP(blood pressure). Heart attack and stroke are two common complications of diabetes, so keeping blood pressure in check is important. Also avoid red meat.
- Best options: When choosing grains, make sure they’re whole. Whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole grain breads and cereals contain fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health. Whole grains also contain healthy vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
- Worst options: Refined white flour doesn’t contain the same health benefits as whole grains. Processed foods made with white flour include breakfast cereals, white bread, and pastries, so avoid these options. Also try to steer clear of white rice and pasta.
- Best options: With only 6 to 8 grams of carbohydrates in a serving, plain non-fat Greek yogurt is a healthy dairy option. You can add berries and enjoy it for dessert or breakfast.
- Worst options: Avoid all full-fat dairy products and especially packaged chocolate milk, as it also has added sugar.
- Best options: Non-starchy vegetables such as leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and other nutrients. You can eat non-starchy vegetables in abundance — half of your plate should be filled with these veggies.
- Worst options: Stick to small portions of starchy vegetables such as corn, potatoes, and peas. These items are nutritious, but should be eaten in moderation.
- Best options: Fresh fruit can conquer your craving for sweets while providing antioxidants and fiber. Berries are a great option because recommended portion sizes are typically generous, which may leave you feeling more satisfied.
- Worst options: Avoid added sugar by limiting fruits canned in syrup, and be aware that dried fruits have a very high sugar concentration. Also, fruit juices should not be consumed.
Most Popular Tips
WEIGHT-LOSS!! A simple diet plan to get you s..
19 Jun 2018
Triphala – An Ayurvedic Miracle
07 Jun 2018
10 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT EASILY!
08 Jun 2018
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
HOW CAN I MANAGE KIDNEY S..
Kidney stones are very common nowadays. I get many patients who are suffering from this. However, most often than not, surgery is not required. You can manage kidney stones by following the belo..
HYPOTHYROIDISM—How to m..
Ever since I have started practicing diet therapy I get a lot of patients having hypothyroidism. Weight-gain is pretty common amongst hypothyroid patients. The reason is also quite simple. People with..