Health Tip Details
Diet and Fitness
Does Unhealthy Weight Affect Your Lifestyle??
This blog is not just for overweight individuals but is also for our society. We judge people by their appearance and sometimes demoralize them. It’s important for us to understand that obesity or being overweight is not an appearance issue but it’s a health concern, not just physical, but also mental.
Psychological consequences of being overweight or obese can include lowered self-esteem, confidence and anxiety, and more serious disorders such as depression and eating disorders such as binge eating, bulimia and anorexia.
It is not necessary that obese people eat a lot or skinny individuals don’t eat as a normal people do. Eating is pleasurable and it is true that all types of people (fat or thin) both end up using eating as a ready source of emotional comfort when they are feeling stressed out or excited. Many of us eat while we are stressed and do not pay attention to what we are eating and how much are we eating. Emotional eating should be controlled and quality and quantity must be in check.
Mostly people who are made embarrassed due to their body shape and size indulge in eating disorders, they are mentally affected. As a dietician I would say that being obese is not a shame but carrying extra weight than your ideal body weight is not good for your health and lifestyle.
Weight related health problems:
- Asthma and other breathing problems – Obesity causes shortness of breath as extra weight in the chest and abdomen increases the work of the muscles that controls breathing. It increases the chances of having asthma and breathing disorders too.
- Sleep apnea – this is the condition where a person temporarily stops breathing during sleep. It is a serious health problem for many overweight kids and adults. It also leads to disturbed lifestyle during day time.
- Fatty liver – if excess fat builds up in the liver, it can cause inflammation, scarring and permanent liver damage.
- Joint and muscle pain – this is due the extra pressure on the muscles and joint due to excess weight. This may even lead to arthritis.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphyses (SCFE) – SCFE is a painful hip problem and obesity is the major cause.
- Pseudotumor cerebri – this is a rare cause of severe headaches in obese teens and adults. There is no tumor, but pressure builds in the brain. Along with headaches other symptoms may include vomiting, double vision and other vision problems.
- Insulin resistance and diabetes – when there is excess body fat, insulin is less effective at getting glucose. Therefore body needs more insulin to maintain a normal blood sugar level.
- High cholesterol
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- High blood pressure and other Cardiovascular diseases
It’s never too late to change. Fortunately we have various natural foods and ingredients which may help us to get in our ideal body weight; it just needs some changes in lifestyle and habit.
For start, please try to cut back on sugary beverages, junk foods, control portions size and quality and get more exercise.
These small changes and adaptation may make a milestone change in your life.
You owe yourself this much at least and so don’t be afraid to love or think about your health and body.
To know more and to get proper guide through your eating patterns, unhealthy weight, metabolic disease contact us on 8291679633/900147737.
Check us on our website - https://www.belezzafitness.com/
Most Popular Tips
Does eating banana cause cough?
31 Oct 2019
THE WONDER FOOD: CHIA SEEDS
19 Jun 2018
Watermelon seeds - A Nutrient Powerhouse
08 Apr 2019
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
Diet and Fitness
Pakora and chai?? Say “..
“Aaj baarish ho rahi hai… Chai and Pakora ho jaay?” How many of you have heard or done this? I think most of you reading this blog must have done this every monsoon (this one includ..
Diet and Fitness
GOOD FOOD,GOOD MOOD! How ..
The human brain is always “ON”.It takes care of our thoughts, movements, breathing and every other sense of our body.It functions even when we are asleep. Our brain is in constant need of ..