Health Tip Details
CONSTIPATION -- How to manage it?
One of the most common problems that most of my patients face is that of constipation. They often complain that they don’t feel satisfied after they have visited the toilet in the morning. They feel bloated and heavy.
Now, constipation can take place because of various reasons. Too less fibre in the diet, less water intake, improper eating and sleeping habits, etc.
But, whatever be the reason, constipation is pretty irritating to be honest.
Flatulence is another issue which comes along with this issue.
So, how to take care of this issue? Here are some things that can help:
- Visit the toilet for 15 minutes in the morning, even if you are unable to have a bowel movement. This relaxes and stimulates your digestive system.
- Sit quietly for 15 minutes after eating a meal to aid digestion
- Drink several cups of warm-to-hot liquid in the morning. Herbal teas or water with lemon work well.
Apart from the above tips, these are a few things that you should start to eliminate the problem of constipation from your life!
1. Drink plenty of water.
- Fluid helps your body process fiber without discomfort. A good starting goal is to drink 6-8 glasses of water per day.
2. Gradually increase your fiber intake.
- Your daily goal should be between 25-35 grams daily.
- Fiber is mostly found in plant foods, such as fruits and vegetables, beans, legumes, whole grain cereals, breads, and oatmeal.
3. Fats intake(moderate amount)
- Lubricant effect and should be added in diet in adequate amounts
- Fat containing foods like butter, cream, ghee, and oils in reasonable amounts are useful because of the fatty acids on the mucous membranes.
- Flax seed meal is excellent. U can sprinkle it on food for omega 3 fatty acids.
4. Eat 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Choose whole fruit instead of juice.
- Eat the skins and seeds for extra fiber.
- Try to have raw vegetable salad with each meal.
5. Choose foods that promote regularity.
- Eat cereals, breads, and pastas that are made with 100% whole grain.
- Leafy vegetables like cabbage, spinach, carrots and radish are good for regular bowel habit.
- Dried fruits like figs, prunes, raisins, dates and apricots are very useful.
- Have brown or wild rice in place of white rice or potatoes.
- Choose hot cereals like oatmeal or cold cereals with at least 5 grams of fiber.
- Choose whole wheat breads and multi-grain rotis.
- Eat more beans, lentils, and peas.
- Beans are also a great source of protein, so you can use them as a substitute for meat at mealtimes.
- Beans can be gas forming, so add them gradually. If you experience bloating or discomfort, you may want to limit them in your diet.
Just do the above and feel the difference. My personal assurance that constipation will be entirely eliminated from your life! Thank me later and keep reading my blogs!
Most Popular Tips
WEIGHT-LOSS!! A simple diet plan to get you s..
19 Jun 2018
Triphala – An Ayurvedic Miracle
07 Jun 2018
10 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT EASILY!
08 Jun 2018
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
HOW CAN I MANAGE KIDNEY S..
Kidney stones are very common nowadays. I get many patients who are suffering from this. However, most often than not, surgery is not required. You can manage kidney stones by following the belo..
HYPOTHYROIDISM—How to m..
Ever since I have started practicing diet therapy I get a lot of patients having hypothyroidism. Weight-gain is pretty common amongst hypothyroid patients. The reason is also quite simple. People with..
INDIA: DIABETES CAPITAL O..
Diabetes has become a major health concern amongst Indians. 3 out of 5 patients that I meet are having this metabolic disorder. However, do you know that diabetes can be entirely managed with diet alo..