Health Tip Details
Food as medicine
10 Best Diuretic foods
So, I often get patients who complain about bloating. This is an extremely common problem amongst a lot of people. Diuretics are drugs which are designed to expel excess water and salt through urine. They are used for controlling blood pressure, water retention, swelling, etc. Some foods also help and work like diuretics. Below mentioned are the 10 best diuretic foods you should include in your diet if you face water retention, bloating, blood pressure and swelling.
Lemon has innumerable health benefits and it is used for curing a wide range of conditions.
• Lemon juice can help in lowering high blood pressure
• Lemon juice also helps in curing urinary tract infection.
• Lemon juice can be taken with water or it can be mixed with your food.
• Oats has always been a great food for those who are on a weight-loss regimen. However, most of us are unaware about the diuretic properties of oats.
• Yet another popular benefit of eating oats is its ability to lower blood cholesterol
• Ginger has several health benefits but you cannot take it as it is. Hence, you can mix it up with your favourite cuisine as an alternative form of spicing.
• Ginger can also be added to tea or water.
• Ginger helps is detoxifying your body
• It also acts as an effective diuretic and helps in flushing out all the excess fluids.
• Beet is a nutritious vegetable that acts as a diuretic
• Beet contains a rare antioxidant known as betalain.
• The best type of beets are the fresh ones that can be boiled, grilled or steamed. Always opt for fresh beets rather than pickled beets.
Cabbage is a highly beneficial vegetable that functions as a diuretic.
• Researchers have proved its effectiveness in preventing cancerous growths
• It also prevents the occurrence of heart disease.
• You can either make it into a soup or have it well cooked before eating.
• Note that, if you are taking cabbage as a diuretic, avoid adding too much of salt.
• Eggplant is a diuretic food that helps in reducing the excess fluids trapped in your body.
• Some people use it as a weight-loss remedy. They boil the eggplant along with water and then consume the water that contains the essence of eggplant.
Tomatoes act as a diuretic when taken in their raw form.
• You can make a salad out of tomatoes or make a drink of it by mixing its juice with that of more delicious items like watermelon or carrot.
• Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a form of antioxidant that helps in preventing cancer as well as heart disease.
• Cucumber is a highly hydrating vegetable that contains lots of water.
• Cucumber helps in detoxification of our system.
• It improves the functioning of urinary system
• It helps the body in fighting with diabetes
• It helps in better weight management
• Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and thus helps in preventing cancer.
• It contains lot of minerals that makes us more energetic.
• Watermelon is a highly beneficial fruit that contains lot of fluids. It acts as a diuretic and helps the body in eliminating excess liquids and salt.
• It is rich in antioxidants.
• Note that watermelon is quite sweet and too much of it can raise your blood sugar levels.
• Garlic is an excellent detoxifying agent and they also function as an effective diuretic.
• Garlic comes in pill form; however, if you need to use it as diuretic it would be better to eat real garlic instead of taking its supplements.
• If you are not able to eat raw garlic, you can use it as an additive while cooking.
Most Popular Tips
WEIGHT-LOSS!! A simple diet plan to get you s..
19 Jun 2018
Triphala – An Ayurvedic Miracle
07 Jun 2018
10 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT EASILY!
08 Jun 2018
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
Food as medicine
PCOS – How can it be ma..
PCOS also known as polycystic ovarian syndrome has become very common amongst females in today’s world. The exact cause of PCOS is not known and most of the experts attribute it to the lifestyle..
Food as medicine
THE GARLIC WONDER
I often tell my patients to eat 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped right in the morning with a glass of water. The most asked question after I recommend this is: “Why are you giving this?” ..